Learn to Make Better Presentations
Speak with confidence in one easy lesson. Get rid of those "Ums, dahs, you knows, and so's."
Forget memorizing. Learn to organize, outline, and deliver. We an easy-going but extremely effective approach to making presentations.
You will learn to share your story with those you just met as if they are lifelong friends. We create a friendly and supportive atmosphere where everyone feels at ease. And then we get to work learning the fundamentals of speaking skills.
This program works. All ages welcome. Parents and kids welcome. ESL welcome. Eccentric professors welcome. Aspiring leaders welcome.
HOW IT WORKS
This is a hands-on workshop. You will receive a brief lecture on how to get started. After that you will get started planning, writing, and delivering a one-two minute speech. All in one class.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
You will be in a friendly, casual group where everyone wants to improve their communication skills. All ages are welcome. All English speaking levels welcome. ESL is no problem.
ALL LEVELS, ALL AGES WELCOME
Each student will create their own project based on something they would like to tell others about. Each person's experience is unique and so is their story.
1. Listen. Brief instructor lecture: about 10% of class time
2. Write. Choose your topic and plan your outline
3. Speak. Tell your one-two minute story
4. Review. Discussion of what worked and what can be improved
1. You will learn to organize your thoughts, so when you speak, others will get your main point
2. You will learn to outline your speech, so you don't need to memorize it
3. You will increase your speaking confidence by seeing how easy it can be once you know what you want to tell about.
1. A relaxed social atmosphere. This is not just a lecture, where you take notes then leave. You'll have much more fun than you expected.
2. You pick your own topic, so right away you can talk about something you know well.
3. You share the same need to speak better with others. We are all working together for the same goals
ABOUT YOUR TRAINER
Harris Gaffin wrote these training programs, and he will be your instructor.
As a career travel photographer, storytelling comes natural to him, or so he likes to say. In fact, he's been active in Toastmasters for almost 20 years and was a Toastmaster of the Year.
Gaffin has helped dozens of clubs improve their meetings and helped hundreds of individuals make better presentations.
Gaffin's workshops are compact and very hands-on. He speaks only 10% of the workshop learning many of the techniques he's developed as a communications professional over the years. Most of the workshop time is spent hands-on. You will learn to plan, write, and speak - in one lesson!
OTHER TRAINING OPTIONS
Private Coaching. Individual private coaching is available to work with you on your project. We will help you achieve your goals as fast as possible. This is recommended for executives and those who really need to reach their goals on a deadline.
Group Coaching. Get training for your group or company. We'll coach everyone to improve their presentations so they can contribute more to the group effort. If your group is planning or interested in a training event, contact us.
CLICK HERE FOR REVIEWS